Gaya Street (Sunday Market), Kota Kinabalu, Sabah


Hi guys!

Today, I wanna share about one of  the most exciting place in Kota Kinabalu or probably the entire Sabah. I love this place and I am very sure you will falling in love too with this exotic place. The place that I am going to talk about is Gaya Street. Do you ever heard this place?

Okey, for the introduction, Gaya Street is located in the Kota Kinabalu central business district for over a hundred years! The wooden shops with nipah roofs are long gone but you can still see many old shops building here where generations-old family businesses are still thriving passed down from father to son.

Every sunday morning, the length of Gaya Street is closed off to traffic to make way for the fair. You can shop for anything under shady trees and over-sized umbrellas. I mean ANYTHING. This is the best place to experience the cross-section of the local population when entire families enjoy a Sunday outing.

Last month, me and Denny were going to Gaya Street -  a must go place in our list. Walking there while enjoying the atmosphere was our major activities in weekend. Gaya Street was the perfect place for us to hang out, release tension and also treated ourselves after working in weekdays.

These are several photos that we captured for you guys to see. Enjoy the scenes!

This is the iconic Gaya Street gateway

This is a big hut for visitors to sit & relax to enjoy the view

There are many pets sale here. All of them are super duper cute. These pets are one of the reasons why I love going here.


 








We met this extraordinary dog while walking. I dont know who is the owner of this dog. But, everytime I going to Gaya Street, I will see this dog.

Here is the dog


There are many buskers here including this one. They are handicapped but have special talent. Amazing!


Lion dance




I dont know why I take this picture. But, it's look beautiful tho

Opsss, again. Look at his outfit

Thank you for reading

0 comments